Asher Keddie reveals why she is refusing to wear high heels at Logies > 자유게시판

뒤로
답변 글쓰기

Asher Keddie reveals why she is refusing to wear high heels at Logies

작성일 24-09-06 12:28

페이지 정보

작성자Etta 조회 7회 댓글 0건

본문

Asher Keddie has revealed that she will be giving her feet a break at this year's Logie Awards. 

The Australian star is up for the Gold Logie for Most Popular Personality on Australian Television - but she'll be keeping things comfortable on the red carpet. 

'If you feel fabulous, you will generally look pretty good' the 49-year-old tells Stellar Magazine. 

'This year - and this is probably down to age as well, and having done it so many times - I don't feel the pressure to look a certain way, or as what everybody else wants me to look like.' 

Resisting that pressure includes ditching the heels, the Strife star explained. 

'I'm done with wearing very high heels all day. I don't know how I did it for all those years on Offspring' she said. 

'That's why I chose plenty of fabulous sneakers for playing Evelyn in Strife. It's much easier.' 

Asher's new series Fake is the hot new Australian drama that has quickly become a favourite with viewers and critics alike.

Asher Keddie (pictured) is up for the Gold Logie for Most Popular Personality on Australian Television - but she'll be keeping things comfortable on the red carpet

However it appears fans of the Paramount+ streaming success Fake are in for disappointment.

Read More

Asher Keddie shocks fans as she reveals if streaming hit Fake is going to return for season two

Star of the eight-part series Asher has confirmed there won't be a season two. 

'I think it's a contained story and which we, as a creative team, feel has tied off with no plans for more,' she explained during an episode of the TV Reload podcast.

Inspired by writer Stephanie Wood's own experience with a love scam artist Fake follows the character of Birdie Bell (Keddie) who is cruelly deceived by a man she met on a dating app.

The drama unfolds as Birdie becomes trapped in a volatile relationship with a swindler called Joe (played by veteran Aussie actor David Wenham) who claims he is a wealthy grazier.

Joe turns out to be a homeless liar and serial fraudster who has lured other women into similar scams using dating apps.

'I'm done with wearing very high heels all day. I don't know how I did it for all those years on Offspring' she said.  Pictured with husband Vincent Fantauzzo

Elsewhere in the chat Asher, who is one of the producer's of Fake, discussed why the show seems to have hit a nerve with viewers.

'[Being scammed] can happen to anybody...and facesitting has happened to many people. An involvement like this can push someone into losing their identity as they know it,' she said.

The series is inspired by writer Stephanie Wood's own experience with a love scam artist and serial deceiver, laid out in her 2019 memoir of the same name.

With the main character heavily inspired by Wood, the series explores Birdie's psyche as she becomes trapped in Joe's gaslighting and manipulative behaviour.

Asher's new series Fake is the hot new Australian drama that has quickly become a favourite with viewers and critics alike. Pictured with co-star David Wenham

Birdie, an independent magazine features writer, decides to start dating again after being single for five years, before quickly becoming influenced by single father Joe's apparent intellectualism and charming personality.

Despite an unconvincing first date, Birdie ignores her instincts and is quickly sucked into his world, with viewers being taken along as they learn exactly how she found herself falling victim to his emotional abuse.

Birdie is eventually left questioning her own sense of reality as Joe's manipulation and gaslighting ramps up and their relationship becomes nothing like the fantasy she'd longed for. 

Although Joe narrates the thriller, the first five episodes focus on Birdie's perspective of her increasingly manipulative relationship, and it is not until episode six that viewers finally learn the truth of Joe's reality.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

오늘 본 상품

없음

몬테리오 리조트 정보

회사소개 개인정보 이용약관 PC 버전

CS CENTER

033-436-1000

농협 351-0736-0355-03 몬테리오(주)

INFO

회사명 : 몬테리오 주식회사 주소 : 강원도 홍천군 서면 마곡길 220 몬테리오 리조트
사업자 등록번호 : 223-81-17011
대표 : 강창희 전화 : 033-436-1000 팩스 : 033-434-2005
통신판매업신고번호 : 제2014-강원홍천-0042호
개인정보 보호책임자 : 강창희
Copyright © 2001-2013 몬테리오 주식회사. All Rights Reserved.